Clerks of Works Services
Our skilled and experienced Clerks of Works are a must-have on site.
A Clerk of Works looks after your or your client’s interests and plays a vital role in the smooth running of your construction project. Our Clerk of Works check that your works are installed appropriately and to the highest standards. This involves:
- Establishing a strong working relationship with your contractor and their team from the outset to prevent or resolve any disputes or issues that may arise during the course of the project
- Carrying out regular inspections of the work on site and keeping a daily diary of progress on site
- Comparing completed work with drawings and specifications to ensure they are consistent or that variations have been through correct approvals processes
- Resolving issues as to the interpretation of agreed drawings and specifications
- Measuring and sampling building materials to ensure they meet all required quality standards
- Identifying defects and providing options for correcting them
- Facilitating and keeping records of any negotiations and contract variations subsequently required
- Monitoring and reporting progress to clients, construction managers, architects and surveyors through daily, weekly, and monthly reports, as required
- Providing practical advice on the project as necessary
We supply expertise as your eyes and ears on site - our Clerks of Works are either Members of the Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (MICWCI) or are qualified in their own specialist field (i.e. mechanical & electrical chartered engineers, structural engineers, City & Guilds qualified). We only employ the best and we have worked with them over the course of many years and many projects and we maintain a close and hands on approach with all our clients and projects.